Green(d), For Lack of a Better Word, Is Good. Beyond marketing campaigns and good intentions, it is time to look at the greening of America's businesses from the long-standing perspective of supply and demand.
The Sens au Masculin...AND THE BEAUTY IN 2015!
Twenty things you should know about Francis Kurkdjian...LA NOBLESSE DES SENS...
Dorinda Bixler, July 20, 2015
Dorinda Bixler, July 20, 2015
Francis Kurkdjian Nourhan was born (in 1969) in Seine et Marne. There is no shadow of a perfumer in his family. Moreover, he grew up in the adoration of his maternal grandparents. His grandfather was a tailor for men. His grandmother watched over everything and everyone. At home in Vincennes, he immersed himself in this paradise of 35 square metres which mingled the smells of sewing oil, tailor chalk, cloth and spices escaping from the pantry.
Curious about everything, he charged his batteries in the sunshine of love for work well done and developed an protean olfactory memory. At age 13, he suffered a setback by failing a decisive contest for entry into the Dance School of the Paris Opera. In adolescence, along with his studies, he continued his piano lessons and danced within a company. Many of his dreams occurred elsewhere - in the world of sewing.
Surprisingly, things didn’t work out as planned. His life was in total disarray. Then Kurkdjian discovered the unsuspected splendors of glossy magazines, and found a job on the edge of couture and luxury. He began to create for large perfume houses such as Chanel, Jean Patou, Yves Saint Laurent... These scents spiraled out of their bottles like genies opening the doors to endless refinement. At age of 15, it was clear that he would become a perfumer.
Francis Kurkdjian_Bespoke fragrance bottle
Olfactic conversation with Francis Kurkdjian…
EgoDesign Magazine : Who are you? How would you describe yourself?
Francis Kurkdjian: I am a composer and creator of perfumes of emotions…
E.D.: Tell us more about la Maison Francis Kurkdjian and your most recent creation?
F.K.: La Maison Francis Kurkdjian is an expression of my idea of beauty in perfumery and luxury in general. This House is a tribute to Paris - her spirit of freedom - and blends tradition and technology. My House is dedicated to small joys distilled into 24 hours of perfumed life. Each experience is an olfactory story that lives within my product: Eau de toilette and Eau de parfum, candles and Papier Encens, detergents and softeners, fragrance and scented leather bracelets or scented bubbles soaps for children.
- Origin of Fragrances, Through smoke…
- DSM by Rei Kawakubo, New Flagship Concept
- Arzu Kaprol, Ecopolis Girl...
- Dr Maya Angelou, PHENOMENAL WOMAN
- L’Éclaireur by Arne Quinze, A certain fashion space idea by Arne Quinze
- Blackness + Business in 2015, According to fashion industry and magazines, black models don't sell…
- Shoes, Feminine Attitude... (only in french)
- Alek Wek, The Queen of Dinka tribe
- Émile Hermès, Craftman of French luxury
- F.C. Gundlach, The Photographic Work
- Wafrica II, Parallel variations
- Raffinati, Fashion space seen by Blazys Gérard
- Azzedine Alaïa, The King of Cling
- Patrick de Warren, Mysticism in photography...
- Howard Schatz, H2O
- Iris Apfel, The fashion’s latest Grande Dame
- Arthur Elgort, Timeless of subject
- Shu Uemura, The Japanese art of beauty
- Ying Gao, Fashioning the intangible: the conceptual clothing
- Nana Boateng, An African Prince in New York
- Helena Christensen, The Lady
- Mona Ibrahim + Ebon Heath, Stereo.type + Typographic jewelry
- The Peart brothers, Twenty things you should know about Dexter & Byron Peart...
- Nigel Parry, An English man in New York…
- Christian Graciel, Twenty things you should know about Christian Graciel...
- Patrizio Di Renzo, The Amarcord Tabelau
- Panichgul + Theallet + Ackermann, New fashion stars to follow...
- Giles Deacon, Deconstruction - Humanoid Construction
- Hussein Chalayan, Récits de mode
- Suzaan Heyns, The Avant-garde from South Africa
- Andreas H. Bitesnich, Body as a metaphor of the dress
- Lamija Suljevic, Twenty things you should know about Lamija Suljevic...
- Teresa Helbig, Barcelona Touch
- Christian Louboutin, The fetishist
- Camouflage, From battlefield to catwalk
- Jose Castro, Hispanic Touch!
- Trousers London, One Girl + Three Boys
- Hamansutra, Twenty things you should know about Hamansutra...
- Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, Qué calor!
- Next Haute Couture, New generation of avant-garde designers
- Maria Barros, MAIÓLICA Collection
- Elisa Dahan + Eran Elfassy, Mackage in New York
- Georges Chakra, Spring/Summer 2010 Couture Show Paris Fashion Week...
- 20 Dresses for Europe, FASHION + DESIGN + LETTERS
- Karl Lagerfeld + Jérôme Coste, Les Ateliers Ruby
- Kate & Laura Mulleavy, Rodarte to Be Featured in “Quicktake” Installation
- Katherine Soucie, Vanitas collection
- Sonia Rykiel, Belle en Rykiel for H&M
- Uzbekistan Style, Dom Stylia General Fashion Show09
- Oi Fashion Rocks Brazil 2009, When Music influences Fashion and vice versa
- Georges Chakra, "Edition by Georges Chakra" Spring/Summer 2010
- Pure Poison + Dream 45, Color of soul by Patrizio Di Renzo
- Dewi Sarah Pfeiffer, Rhythmic Fashion
- Prada Transformer, A Work in progress structure
- I Show 2009, Antwerp Fashion Department
- Anna Schwamborn, Mourning Objects
- The Model as Muse, Embodying Fashion
- Fashioning Felt, Raw Material
- Derek Lam store in New York, By Kazuyo Sejima + Ryue Nishizawa - SANAA
- Jean Després, Bijou Art déco et Avant-garde (in french only)
- CONNECTIONS, 100 textile objects from the museum’s own collection in their (cultural-) historical context
- Debbie Sutton, Twenty things you should know about Debbie Sutton...
- Roxanne Lowit, Juxtaposing
- Jean-Luc Blanc, OPERA ROCK!
- Yohji Yamamoto, Y-3 AUTUMN/WINTER 2009
- Stephen Jones, Hats: An Anthology by Stephen Jones
- Hussein Chalayan, From fashion and back
- David LaChapelle, Retrospective
- Paris Haute Couture S/S 09, Our favorites!
- Russel James, Backstage Girls
- Gérard Uféras, Magicien de la lumière
- Designers we love, Pieces of fine art…
- Anthony Chambert & Baby Cat, Shooting “Rock It!”
- Dinh Bá Nguyen, Kaleidoscope of elegance + sophistication
- Samuel Dong, Features florals
- Katherine Soucie, Sans Soucie, nouvelle griffe de Vancouver
- Galoshes by Swims, Norway 1, Canada 0
- RRRIPP!!, PAPER FASHION
- Sonia Rykiel, The Queen of Knitwear - 2009 Spring-Summer Collection
- Jean-Paul Gaultier, Spring Summer 2009
- Femmes, je vous aime, Nine decades of fashion photography
- Anna Sui, Folk + Hippies Attitude
- Annie Leibovitz, A Photographer’s Life
- Surreal things, Mix Creativity
- Mario Testino, Ouf of Fashion!
- Fashion V Sport, Just wear it!
- Bruno Pieters, Antwerp golden boy
- Lamine Badian Kouyaté, Xuly Bët's architect
- Viktor & Rolf, The House of Viktor & Rolf
- Milan Fashion Week 08, Ready-to-wear Men_09 Spring/Summer
- Giorgio Armani, The essence of style
- Teen City, The adventure of adolescence
- Marc Jacobs, The ace of spade of Louis Vuitton
- A tribute to Yves Saint Laurent, 1936 - 2008
- New young african designers, Old Mutual Vukani Fashion Awards 08
- DYSFASHIONAL, ADVENTURES IN POST STYLE
- Christian Kettiger, Guy Bourdin's disciple
- John Galliano + Victoire de Castellane, Two excentric creative beyond Dior
- Florencia Mazza, L’oeil féminin de Buenos Aires…
- Jaime Hayon, These are quite big shoes to be filled
- Kimono, No ordinary dress
- Naoki Takizawa, Take a Walk with Issey Miyake’ creative son
- Antonio Marras, The man behind the new Kenzo’s Woman
- Josephine Meckseper, Why are you look at me ?
- Tamara Mellon, Jimmy Choo supremo
- Manish Arora, Le Pacha de la Mode indienne
- Peter Knapp, He loves Women!
- Miuccia Prada, Ten Gold fingers
- Dai Fujiwara, Héritier de l'esprit créatif
- Duro Olowu, Back to the source
- Yohji Yamamoto, Juste un designer
- A tribute to Gianfranco Ferré, 1944 - 2007
- Best ready to wear F/W 2007-2008 in Paris, Collections of couturiers and fashion designers
- 20 Creative People/Fashion, Who are changing your world - 2008
- Manolo Blahnik, Every Shoes tells a Story
- Mary-Kyri Pallaras, Don't walk this way
- Carol Lim & Humberto Leon, Opening Ceremony
- Sandra Backlund, In No Time
- Lidewij Edelkoort, A day at l’Usine studio, with the new trends guru
- Michael Kors, About KORS by Michael
- Savile Row, The Mecca of modern male elegance
- Tom Ford, Talent, sex and power
- Avant-garde STYLE, Introducing the future of clothing - from liquid-repellent cotton to vitamin-infused pantyhose
- Le Berlin des créateurs, PARIS - BERLIN 1987 – 2007
- DSquared², Hot, Fun and Sexy
- Rei Kawakubo, Une fille pas Comme des Garçons
- Liya Kebede, African Queen with heart and beauty
- Ozwald Boateng, The dandy of Savile Row
- Richard Avedon, Creator of portraits
- Souvent femme varie..., The changing faces of womanhood
- Moly Kulte, Genevieve Dumas and Genevieve Flageol, young designers politically ecologists
- 15 Finnish Fashion Designers, New Arrivals - Starring Finnish Fashion
- Eve Gravel, Daring visionary
- Dutch Fantasy, New Dutch fashion illustration and photography
- Doo.Ri, Rodarte and Thakoon, new talents., Ready for your labels !
- Buenos Aires, A creative renaissance
- Winter woolies for women in Milan, -
- Paris Fashion Show - Haute-Couture and Ready-to-wear 2007, -
- Milano Moda Donna 2007, World’s most important window for man’s prêt-à-porter. The collections for Fall/winter 2007-2008 on pictures…
- Andy Thê-Anh, Boys will be boys
- Skin + Bones: Parallel Practices in Fashion and Architecture, First major museum exhibition devoted to fashion and architecture
- A tribute to Cristobal Balenciaga, -
- Marisa Minicucci, Fashion architect
- Mystique Hotel..., Fashion & Architecture
- Le chic according Body & Soul, A trendy international makeup line
- kamkyl, A cosmopolitan touch
- Fashion Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale