Designing for Sustainability. Designers have a responsibility to seek sustainable solutions.
Green(d), For Lack of a Better Word, Is Good. Beyond marketing campaigns and good intentions, it is time to look at the greening of America's businesses from the long-standing perspective of supply and demand.
SLOW FOOD_Growing Africa: Unlocking the Potential of Agribusiness: Africa’s Food Markets Could Create One Trillion Dollar Opportunity by 2030
Edge design + the way things are
Jean Louis Frechin's Thoughts
Annie Gentès + Jean-Paul Robert, June 16, 2016
Annie Gentès + Jean-Paul Robert, June 16, 2016
Jean Louis Frechin_Wapix YJMM, cadres chronopictographiques
Agamben exhorts us to turn the apparatus against itself, to take it over, to ‘desecrate’ it, to free ourselves from its bondage. We must become players rather than mere vectors. We see a utopia shaping up here, so necessary in the disenchanted world of the ‘end of History’. There will be neither winner nor loser there, but rather a perpetual unbalance, capable of impelling the motor of History in us. Faced as we are with apparatus and things, rather than reject them we should exploit them, turn them into series, sidetrack and subvert them. But that will not be enough: merchandise itself already uses these same procedures. What we must do above all is propose new things that are reasoned and related to other senses and values than those that they relay without our knowing it. We must conceive of these things in terms of political economy, by bringing together usage and meaning, utility and lastingness, pleasure and reason, the individual and the social fabric, power and knowledge. In short, we must invent them to invite exchanges. Only then, perhaps, and provided they become mediators in these ways, will objects exist once more to serve us.
Fabrice Berrux_ed. DIX HEURES DIX_Label - luminaires RGB
Jean-Louis Fréchin is a DPLG architect and a graduate of the ENSCI, where he trained under Yves Savinel, Gilles Rozé and Marc Berthier. In 1989 he left France to work at the INESC, a computer research institute in Lisbon. There he discovered the fertility of drawing together design and computer science. On his return to Paris, he set up a global design partnership with Stéphane Bureaux, handling many industrial and cultural projects. In 1995, he joined the publishers Montparnasse Multimedia to take part in the adventure of producing quality multimedia titles. His work is always based on the idea of global design and aims at making an intrinsic link between content, interactive design and technology - at creating meaning. Many of his creations have won prizes: notably series like « Les petits débrouillards », « La Terre merveilleuse », « L’histoire de l’aviation », « Le Louvre, Collections et palais », « La Résistance », etc.
In 2001 he set up NoDesign, a digital design office specializing in creation, innovation and strategic thinking for information technologies, interactions and user protocols in industrial and cultural projects. A recognized front-runner in digital design, he is also a consultant for firms in new fields: innovation by design, advanced technologies, innovation strategy. Founder and head of the Digital design studio at the ENSCI / les Ateliers in Paris in 1998, it is there that he passes on his experience, culture, insatiable curiosity and ‘project’ method. For him, design is a state, a prism for understanding and questioning the world. New challenges, new territories, attempting to enlarge the ‘scope of what is possible’ and ‘desirable’, without losing the basic values of design; meaning, simplicity, emotion, and above all human endeavour.
- The Minimalism in Ornamentation, Making a comeback to bolster design and conquer new markets
- The benefits of ecology, Vitra…
- Fibre[s] Design, Innovative materials & objects for better living
- The Clouds' flavors..., WHAF by David Edwards + Marc Bretillot
- The Office of the future, NET NEST, a living space
- Kossi Aguessy, Twenty things you should know about Kossi Aguessy...
- Hans J. Wegner, The Man of details...
- Front Design, Design with senses...
- Design For a Living World, Life cycle of the materials
- Why Design Now?, The National Design Triennial Series
- Verner Panton, Panton Chair, 1959-1960
- The Growing materials, The Wood
- David Ericsson, Twenty things you should know about David Ericsson...
- Charles & Ray Charles, An Iconic couple of modern design
- The New Design Cities, Creativity + Technologies + Sustainability
- Cities: “living space”, Street furniture
- Ingo Maurer, Maestro of Light
- Electronic Shadow, Naziha Mestaoui + Yacine Aït Kaci
- Hiromichi Konno, Design with your senses
- Habita Hotel MTY in Mexico, The Joseph Dirand tour...
- Hella Jongerius, A Conversation with Hella Jongerius…
- Cheick Diallo, A Journey in Dapper Museum
- Blazys Gérard, Domison
- 2012, International Year of Ecological Design, Hicham Lahlou, Industrial Designer of the Year
- Jaime Bouzaglo, Elizabetha, Your Majesty...
- Is design still the preserve of the few?, The useful can be beautiful, the beautiful has to be affordable
- The Nouveau Art, Revival: 1900 - 1933 - 1966 - 1974
- Gordon Guillaumier, Signs + Aestheticism
- Iris Mondelaers, No Frills Objects!
- 5 Creative People, To follow in 2011
- 2011: Bright and lights..., Ango, Eco-lights + Friendly by Angus Hutcheson
- Julie Tremblay, Twenty things you should know about Julie Tremblay...
- George Nelson, George Nelson - Architect, Writer, Designer, Teacher
- 6x11 Alpine Hut, OFIS Architects' retraite
- Zaha Hadid in London..., Home House
- NOMIYA, Last season at Le Palais de Tokyo!
- Mikiya Kobayashi, Simplicity with heart
- Philippe Starck, Design in time of crisis
- Simon Hasan, Vauxhall Collective
- Patrick Martinez, Twenty things you should know about Patrick Martinez...
- Cecilie MANZ, The culture of a good design
- Mercedes-Benz F-CELL Roadster, Tradition meets the future
- The Scandinavian TOUCH, IN BELGIAN FURNITURE - 1951-1966
- Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto, Spring/Summer 2010 Men's & Women's Collection
- Destrøy Design, Objet Oblige
- Richard Hutten, 18 years of playing
- The Whif, New "Breathable Chocolate" Design Offers Chocolate Without the Calories
- Creative Reuse in Canadian Design, Cut/Paste
- VIA Design 3.0, 1979-2009 : 30 years of furniture design
- Quebec in Design, 75 Years of Works from the Collection of the MNBAQ
- Design Academy Eindhoven 2009, The beginning of change
- ARTĚL, Art for Everyday Use (1908-1935)
- Siegfried De Buck, Jewellery designer and silversmith
- Sylvain Dubuisson, Get out of my sun
- RAOUL DUFY, Ceramics
- Post mortem, Ten creators rethink the funerary urn
- Nature in a Kit, Nature and its double
- But where is Swedish design going?, From De Karin et Carl Larsson à Front Design
- Louise Campbell, To be continued
- Yrjö Kukkapuro, The functionalist
- Esplanada Studio, Tatiana Bilbao & at103, architects and designers of lightness
- Naoto Fukusawa + Jasper Morrison, Making things visible
- Javier Mariscal, Drawing Life
- Tom Dixon by George Smith, Wingback chair
- Cuisines en ébullition !, Young designers imagine the kitchens of tomorrow
- TOM DIXON, BACK TO BASICS - UTILITY 09
- COOL DOZEN+, The joy of discovery
- Per Emanuelsson & Bastian Bischoff, Cross Lounge Chair
- CHANEL, Toys for Aficionados…
- Design available for production, 13 VIA Projects Assistance Grants
- Sebastian Brajkovic, The Lathe Chairs
- ONE STRIPE, A collection for Domestic
- Paris / Design in mutation, New generation of designers
- Liset van der Scheer, The Bonnet Pouffes Collection + Casalis
- Christophe Pillet, The Outsider of french design
- OVO Editions, Duo with Pol Quadens
- Ron Arad, No Discipline
- Hèrmes…vu du ciel, Luxe, Design and Leisure
- Hermann Jünger, Found Treasures
- ENZO MARI, A view on the immensity
- Ettore Sottsass, Ettore Sottsass & Sottsass Associati
- Serge Mouangue, Twenty things you should know about Serge Mouangue...
- Marcel Wanders, The Kid from Boxtel
- David Trautrimas, HABITAT MACHINES
- Lagranja Design, Audace and Optimism
- Hella Jongerius, Dutch Design Days
- The Hotel PUR, Simplicity + balance
- Frank Tjepkema + Janneke Hooymans, The duo beyond Heineken The City
- Prisunic and design, A unique adventure
- Aqua Creations, Et la lumière fut !
- Design with a smile, Picture, if you will, design to be funny, humorous and impractical
- Pop Culture - Pop Style, Design from the fifties and sixties
- Gabriele Pezzini, Simply design
- 2008 VIA Labels, Manufacturer + designer + one vision
- Marie-Aurore Stiker-Métral, Have a seat!
- Dirk Schrijvers, An avant-gardiste collector
- Voices, Contemporary ceramic design from Sweden
- A Tribute to Müller-Brockmann, 19th International Poster and Graphic Design Festival of Chaumont
- Studio Fulguro, Interactive designers
- CHINA DESIGN NOW, The Red Dragon
- MOBIJunior, Kids + Design
- Moroso, Hi-tech design haute couture
- Andrew Aloisio, Somewhere in Between
- Olivier Peyricot, PSYCHOMOULAGES
- Joris Laarman, Strange shapes. Strange sizes. Strange spirit.
- Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, The French Touch
- Oki Sato + Nendo, XXIst Century Man for Issey Miyake
- Outofstock, Sebastian + Gustavo + Wendy + Gabriel
- Reza Abedini, A Persian slant
- 5.5 Designers, Un pour tous, tous pour un
- What kind of design for the 21th century?, Object or Piece of Art...
- The 21th Century will be feminine!, 9 designers who are transforming the contemporary design world
- Hetal Jariwala + Eva Bauer, Deux filles et un sac Flip & Tumble
- Nathalie Dewez, A luminous talent
- Marina Bautier, Atelier A1
- Goodbye Mister Ettore Sottsass!, 1917 - 2007
- Tomorrow Now, When design meets science fiction
- Mathieu Lehanneur, BEL-AIR, a new air-filtering system using plants
- Fabio Novembre, Women, I love you
- Great Indoors Awards winners 2007, Photographic Report
- Oki Sato, From Toronto to Tokyo by Nendo
- Stephen Burks, Designer of Natural Geometries
- Konstantin Grcic, The Galaxy of Objects
- Julie Mathias + Michael Cross, Romanticism and poetry by Wokmedia
- The emerging design, Palm Enroute Awards in mobility design 2007
- Inga Sempé, Sophisticated Lady of French design
- 5 Designers at Nike Bauer Hockey, Time out!
- Ron Arad, Industrial design by architecture influences
- Ahn Sang-Soo, Master of Korean graphic design
- Nipa Doshi + Jonathan Levien, The Ying and Yang of London’s industrial design
- Esthétique Domestique, Household appliances then and now
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair, ICFF Editors Awards 2007
- Joe Colombo, The Invention of the Future
- Airs de Paris, Paris as a point of convergence of design and architecture
- Toshiyuki Kita, Environmentalist designer
- American Streamlined Design, The World of Tomorrow
- Elhadi Yazi, Portrait: Elhadi Yazi, graphic designer in some letters…
- Design Life Now, National Design Triennial 2006
- Do not disturb - Drake Hotel, The Drake Hotel in Toronto
- MASSAUD, From chaos to meaning
- Omer Arbel, 20 things you should know about Omer Arbel...
- Vancouver's Cito Espresso Café, One of a kind
- Poul Kjærholm, The Furniture Architect
- Portrait: Gino Finizio, Under the banner of the transavantgarde
- Do not disturb - Gault Hotel, Comfort Zone
- 3rd Uncle Design, A multidisciplinary design studio
- ORA-ITO, Audacious designer
- Alain Michel FAGNIDI, A contemporary and refined view of African art
- Generation X, The global village
- Design Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale